Skip to content

Advance your career and education with the University of Utah. 

Return to the U helps adult learners complete their education at the University of Utah, whether they are ‘stopped out’ U of U students who want to come back and finish their degree, or transferring from other institutions.

We know that many students had to put their education on hold and want to come back to finish their degree. For adult learners, working students, and nontraditional students, flexible options and a strong support system are keys to graduation. We collaborate with offices across campus to connect students with the help they need to navigate through the university. Additionally, students can meet with our dedicated Student Success Advocate (SSA) from enrollment to graduation. 


Follow these steps to learn more about Returning to the U.

graduation at the University of Utah


Make an appointment with the Return to the U Advocate to help you find your best route to earning your degree.


The University of Utah offers flexible options for you to complete your degree!


These are additional academic support resources on campus to help you succeed at the U. Most are free or very inexpensive. Check it out!

Request More Information:

Thank you for your interest in the University of Utah.

Are you looking to schedule an appointment with an advisor?  Call the main number for the Academic Advising Center (801-581-8146) and tell them you will be a Return to the U student. If you are not a current University student you can only schedule your appointment through a phone call. However, appointments can be for meeting in person or over the phone.

BFF LogoBring a Friend to Finish

University of Utah staff can take action to increase completion among our friends who have “some college, no degree”. Bring a friend to finish.

Last Updated: 1/4/22