RESTART at the U
Follow these steps to finish your degree at the U:
- Email email@example.com with specific questions or fill out a request for information.
Make an appointment with an advisor to discuss earned credits, explore majors, and create a plan to finish.
- If you know what major you want to pursue, make an appointment with a Departmental Advisor through the Academic Advising Center.
- Be sure to visit this link ahead of time to know what to bring to your advising appointment.
- If you aren’t sure what you’d like to study, call the Academic Advising Center at 801-581-8146 for an appointment.
If you left the university on academic suspension or dismissal, make sure you have been out at least three semesters and are eligible to return. There is an appeal process you’ll need to follow while working with an academic advisor before applying for readmission. More information can be found here. Contact the Academic Advising Center at 801-581-8146 to start the process.
- Click on Apply from the link above and follow the instructions from there. Once you create an application login, your application type will be 'Readmit' if you attended the U previously. If you plan on applying for a fee waiver (step 4, below), click 'Certify and Submit' but skip the payment section, meaning your application will look like it is on step 13/16. Please note any fees paid cannot be refunded.
- Returning U students are eligible for an application fee waiver. Once you’ve submitted this form, Admissions will add it to your application and you will get an email confirming that your application is complete.
- Need-based aid and some scholarships require the completion of the FAFSA application. While you have to be an admitted student to apply for scholarships, you do NOT have to wait to be readmitted to submit FAFSA, and because it takes weeks to process, it should be submitted as soon as possible. Most scholarships are for a fall-spring academic year and many have deadlines around February 1, but some are as late as April.
- Upon readmission you will receive an email asking you to fill out a confirmation form and pay a $300 deposit (even for returning students). This must be completed before you can register for classes.
- This deposit will be applied towards your first semester's tuition. However, if you confirm your intent to enroll and then choose to not attend, the $300 enrollment deposit will not be refunded and cannot be transferred to a different semester
- Please note the deadlines to confirm your intent to enroll.